View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
Shamu
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z Racecar
Shamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond reputeShamu has a reputation beyond repute

Lets check in at 30 to 40K mark on your motors that run into 260 range. My motor felt like it was running great too! However I had opportunity to have it torn down at fairly low miles too. Rarely saw over 240 usually and a couple of spikes to 260. ...It wasnt pretty. Had it failed? ... no. but lots of scoring. I'll take word from guys building these motors that what seems to be moderate oil temps can impact surface of crank bearings. Those temps in higher range start process to early bearing failure.

Want to talk about what higher than stock RPMs (8000) can do to VQ heads? I know about that too. LOL! I was a doubter too until I saw the damage first hand. I had total of 30 minutes running time with 8000 RPM redline in short 2 minute hillclimbs and AX.

Honestly if I stuck with stock VQ i'd probably limit my track work based on what I have seen on my low mile motor.

Last edited by Shamu; 09-19-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Shamu is offline   Reply With Quote