View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 09:35 AM   #47 (permalink)
Troyz
Base Member

Drives: 370Z Touring M6
Troyz is on a distinguished road
Default Back in the day...

Street racing seemed to go from 1920-2001. In Austin, Texas we filled parking lots of closed stores with 100's of cars. After some $hit talk dozens of us would meet on a less traveled road and race. Until things changed. I haven't seen or been in a street race in over 10 years. I miss it.

F&F Came out, Ricers were racing in urban areas and hurting people, Post 911 Govt has stuck cameras everywhere...Then laws passed here. In a nutshell if you race another person and they crash and people die your responsible for their lives, You will get charged accordingly. If your caught racing your punishment is severe. All it took was a few people who were made examples of went to jail and street racing stopped. There's always a few idiots that street race and people get hurt; The media pounces on them.

When I am challenged to a street I always decline it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
We all agree the act is a major no-no, but it certainly isn't a felony everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyz View Post
Street racing has been a felony for quite sometime.
What you post these days is like signing a notary and can be used in court. Posting about street racing in forums can have serious legal repercussions for everyone.
We all agree the act is a major no-no, but it certainly isn't a felony everywhere.
Troyz is offline   Reply With Quote