View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 08:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Kdberan
Base Member

Drives: like I stole it
Kdberan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Engine and drivetrain are by Toyota -- those are pretty stout. 2ZZ engine with Toyota shortblock and Yamaha tuned head; transaxle is essentially from a MR-S.

The 2ZZ is a great, high revving engine -- add a roots blower and it will feel like a small V-8.

The dude with the twincharged gray elise is an old buddy of mine who goes by the nick name Ronin (unless someone else built one) -- that car is an absolute monster.

The only thing to check are the so called "lift bolts", which are critical to the cam profile change, and on earlier models were prone to shearing -- Toyota corrected this problem with redesigned bolts. If yours is a later model elise, you should be fine, but its something to look into.

Anyway -- enjoy and congrats
Great points! Yes, Ronin was the one I saw online, looked ridiculous. But I heard it was totaled? Rear-ended or something, idk though you would know better than me.

The lift bolt issue does tend to be more prevalent on earlier 2zz's from 00-02 celica's primarily, from what I've heard but the same bolts were used in most 05 elises. I plan on changing them just for precautionary measures and they are very inexpensive but after an initial inspection, they appear to be in like new condition, virtually no wear. So that's definitely in the cards for this winter to replace them.

Thanks!
2010 370z 6MT Touring + Sport | Nav | UpRev Tune | Stillen G3 | Stillen Headers | Stillen HFC's | Stillen CBE | Nismo Sways | Stillen 25 Row Oil Cooler | 20% Tint | GTR Ignition | Swift Sport Springs | Hawk HPS+ Pads | DynoJet Research 4/26/13 - 316rwhp 247ft/lb |
Kdberan is offline   Reply With Quote