View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGWTFBBQ View Post
Well, a heads up about most JDM carbon products. They usually come only covered with a "gel" coating. This means they aren't protected against UV damage and that sort. That way, you can decide whether you want it painted to match your vehicle or to just shoot clear on it and call it a day.

Whenever you get any carbon fiber product for your vehicle, as Simota already said, you should definitely have a reputable body shop shoot a layer of UV protecting clear coat on it. I've done it with all of my parts, whether it be Craft Square or Zele and I'm definitely doing it with my Varis hood when it comes in next month.
for a dd that's not bad advice at all especially in places like arizona, vegas, and socal where the rays are especially strong.

for me though, i haven't coated anything on my mines or cs mirrors, front fang cover other than Griot's wax. no issue for me.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote