View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
H2O_Doc
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '14 370Z, '12 4Runr
H2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElVee View Post
Of course, at some point someone will abuse the, "just a hypothetical..." defense and that idea will be gone.
I think that is actually manageable and both context and the "reasonable person" standard would make it not too difficult to call out. We can make adult decisions about when someone is hiding behind a cleaver lay crafted "hypothetical."

I think there is a difference between discussing illegal behavior as the primary theme of a thread, discussing technical matters or other issues that might be in the context of some questionable (or outright illegal) behavior, and discussing performance in an unfortunate context of illegal behavior. It also begs the question of where the limits are; e.g, my car shutters at 80 mph on the highway.

Having said this, I will again recognize the previous reasonable position that the mods made that they (through their ample experience) shut things down when they see the likely explicit discussion of illegal behavior coming even when it was only intimated in the actual thread. I haven't blogged in their shoes so to speak.
H2O_Doc is offline   Reply With Quote