Thread: 0w40 Mobil 1
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalapagas View Post
I hate to be the one to start another oil thread but I've read several and they all seem to lead to Oil disputes (Blah!) I've read also that 0w40 gives very good feedback on the uao and its what they use to refill Gtr as of what I've read here and from the bottle itself. My question is perfomance difference since I've used 10w30 and my oil temps on 80 degree weather (mornings) goes just up to about 180and during afternoon its about 200-210 if I spirit drive highest tops it goes 220 due to my 34R cooler. Also how many qts of 0w40 do I put since I got the 34R? When I installed it(previous oil change prior to this one) I put the OEM amount which was 5qts and 1/4.
Yeah, you may get a lot disagreeing with using this since it's not the recommended oil. My opinion is, try it and have the oil analysed afterwards. Having an open mind may lead to unintended consequences.

On the other hand.... you may crater that valve-train.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote