View Single Post
Old 09-18-2013, 11:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
H2O_Doc
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '14 370Z, '12 4Runr
H2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to beholdH2O_Doc is a splendid one to behold
Default Argh! Careful mods about shutting down threads based on hypotheticals

I applaud the no street racing discussions and closing of threads that discuss blatantly illegal activities, but I'd encourage the mods to be careful about overdoing it. An interesting technical thread was shutdown because it of a hypothetical situation where somebody said x would beat y in a race. Mind you, there was not expressed intent about engaging in said activity, it was solely a performance question.

I know that the primary intent is to avoid an environment where illegal street racing is openly discussed or publicly condoned. Again, I applaud this, but I hope we can avoid sloppiness in applying the rule. We don't want to be reactionary. Also, if we were to be consistent and apply the standard to illegal activity across the board, we'd have to shut down a lot more useful and interesting threads.
H2O_Doc is offline   Reply With Quote