View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Eighties Meta
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z 7AT no-sport
Eighties Meta is on a distinguished road
Default Hills Garage 9/17/2013 Dyno tune

09 370z 7AT dyno tune:

Decided to get my car re-tuned at hills garage from the original tune done at AAM. With the cost of a re-tune not being horribly expensive it was killing me wondering if it could be better so I went ahead and decided to have it retuned. I'm just gonna throw this information out there for now because I'm not sure I completely understand but here goes.

Before starting any tuning we did a few pulls with my car on the dyno to get our baseline since my car was tuned on another dyno (at AAM). My baseline from the pulls was 285whp. I gasped myself. Thats almost a 40whp difference from one dyno to another which was confusing but ok time to let them do their work.

After a few pulls we end up with 308.9whp. Thats alot lower than I'm expecting for peak but from comparing to the tune that the car arrived with this seems like an impressive gain across the board in whp and wtq. The dyno chart is attached.

they did a good job explaining that they could do real time tuning by putting load on the car. I sorta understand that but what I took out of it was that being able to tune with a load is better/easier than with an inertia type dyno. I may not be saying it correctly but who cares.

point is about 20whp gain and about 15wtq gain which even though my dyno number surely isn't anything to brag about but if its thats much higher than the tune that was on it I guess I am really happy.

Overall the experience there was pretty good. They even fixed my tailpipes that were touching my bumper and burning them. That was the source of last rattle after the install of the headers. There is finally no more rattle, thank god.

I'll update in a few days as to how it drives or hopefully I can get back to the 1/4 strip with similiar weather and see how it affects the qtr time, a tenth maybe, another mph in top speed. dunno, will have to wait and see.

I did notice that they didn't set my idle to 800, it is back to 600 or whatever the default is. I don't think that bothers me but I do remember it being 800 after AAM tuned. From the drive home felt good, seemed to be smoother but I wasn't layin' into yet. That'll come in the next few days.

enjoy the info...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dyno-hillsgarage09172013-67degrees.jpg (398.5 KB, 67 views)
2009 370z Touring 7AT/AAM 2.5 true dual exhaust/AAM DE test pipes/z1 vqde35 headers/AAM cold air intake (R-line)/Motordyne M370/Quaife LSD/z1 brake upgd pkg/Swift Spec-R springs/WhiteLine Front&Rear sway bars with endlinks
Eighties Meta is offline   Reply With Quote