View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 02:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Bummer
Premium Member

Drives: 13 370Z RTS SR M6
Bummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond reputeBummer has a reputation beyond repute

Based upon a quick scan of worldimportsusa.com the second owner should have been able to get it for from 1/3 to 1/2 off. An '11 Roadster as you describe but with a clean title, without Nav, and with 30k miles was very recently valued by Geico at $34k. (Don't ask how I know this.) So, what, $17k to 23k? $25k and he's being a bit greedy? It still has a buyback title, after all. He got a deal, so why shouldn't you?

The law requires that the vehicle be fixed before it's sold, and it would seem the second owner put 6800 trouble free miles on it (which suggests to me that he didn't drive it much).

A '13 with the manual, Touring, Sport, Nav, carpeted mats, splash guards, and lighted sills will set you back around $50k out the door - 53 with the extended Nissan warranty and tire/wheel insurance.

If you use the paddle shifters and rev it to 5k or more on shifts in the summer time (which the engine won't mind, rev wise) you'll need an oil cooler - that's $600 if you do it yourself. More if you hire someone to put it on. If you don't you'll see the oil temps get close to the "limp home" point. Mine never quite got there, but it came within a few degrees when it was being worked in the twisties. The newer ones come with an oil cooler.

I don't buy things as investments, I buy things because I want 'em. Life's not a dress rehearsal and all that. I'd look at the car, consider the price, factor in an oil cooler, and if it all looked within my acceptable range I'd buy it. Your mileage may vary (so to speak) based upon you.

Hope all this helps. Good luck, and welcome to the forum.
Bummer is offline   Reply With Quote