View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 12:42 AM   #345 (permalink)
pwrhsms
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z loaded
pwrhsms is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut_N_Much View Post
Yes the TRS lenses do make a difference the light is crisp and looks brighter. There was a thread on here about a clear lens swap with 6500K buld swap. Looked good, just remember upgrading to 6500K and adding Halo's, you really want to remove all your dual filament bulbs and add LED replacements to help with heat saturation.

I'll look around and see if I can find it..
I'm guessing it's the 3" lens for the main projector.

Have you ever done the Ballast upgrade on any of the lights you've done?

I am going to try the STi-R 3" clear lens. Morimoto 50W ballast, with the morimoto 5000K bulb from TRS.

I don't think the ballast swap should be that hard. I think I read in the service manual that we have a D2S light system and the ballast comes with 9006 pigtails. Not sure what that connector looks like in comparison to our vehicle but it should be a straight forward splice job if the connectors don't just plug in.

If it's not I guess I will be the guinea pig.

Once I get everything to Germany and get the install done I will post some updates.
'09 Sport Touring 370Z NISMO exhaust, Typhoon intake, Hot wheels body, AMS VIS Carbon hood with flush mount latches, Whiteline Swaybars, EBC slotted rotors and pads, UPrev, Hertz Mille and JL magic box XXR 526 rims, Custom Paint By Rob Reyff.
pwrhsms is offline   Reply With Quote