View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
luigi90210
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Classified
luigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura aboutluigi90210 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvl View Post
How many oil changes have you done with m1? Do you have enough data to establish real trending to compare consumption with oil a to consumption with oil b? That is my main point. Yes some engines empirically respond a bit different to formulations. But to base a change on what others just say is no where near as effective as real data from you

I only run 5/30 while under warranty. Non us z car manuals allow for 40w and such. If I still have her outside of the extended power train warranty I will use m1 0/40 and see how uoa look. Mostly because its a single oil to keep in the garage and the penn. ultra I u we now is not a high volume product.

- b
just 1 oil change so far with M1, i havent drained the the fluid yet to measure how much is in it at the moment, i just poured half a quart when i noticed it was low and it put my oil level a tad bit under the H dot

i estimate i burnt about half a quart give, do you think it is just doing this because i moved from nissan's ester 5w30 to M1 0w40?
it has had nissan's ester oil for its entire life until i changed to m1 0w40 at 29k miles
luigi90210 is offline   Reply With Quote