Thread: burning oil
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 12:26 PM   #39 (permalink)
Armhunter
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 12 Nissan 370z Nismo
Armhunter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chii370 View Post
lol the RX7 and 8 are a special exception. Thats just again... a design issue. nothing you can do about a stupid idea. Do you without firing up google even know what blowby is? no its NOT ******* NORMAL. its a clear indication of worn or improperly sealed/sized piston rings and if thats "normal" for a VQ engine that simply implies an obvious design flaw. with the correct tollerances, correct viscosity oil, good seals and properly sized rings and pistons a car will NOT have blowby. at least not in any measurable amount, ESPECIALLY QUARTS of oil per X time. we are talking fuckin teaspoons of oil over thousands of miles on a properly designed and maintained engine. Hate to bring up the same example again, but my 45 year old 302 is obviously inferior quality and technology compared to a modern engine, and aside from oil changes ive NEVER had to put oil in it. If your losing QUARTS of oil even over the span of a year, somethings wrong. I never added oil to my 09 once ether in its 40k miles aside from changes....... not sure how much more clear cut the answer can get.

I think you need to read this and STFU!

Auto Doctor: Car engines burn oil faster than ever
Armhunter is offline   Reply With Quote