Thread: burning oil
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 10:24 AM   #36 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

lol the RX7 and 8 are a special exception. Thats just again... a design issue. nothing you can do about a stupid idea. Do you without firing up google even know what blowby is? no its NOT ******* NORMAL. its a clear indication of worn or improperly sealed/sized piston rings and if thats "normal" for a VQ engine that simply implies an obvious design flaw. with the correct tollerances, correct viscosity oil, good seals and properly sized rings and pistons a car will NOT have blowby. at least not in any measurable amount, ESPECIALLY QUARTS of oil per X time. we are talking fuckin teaspoons of oil over thousands of miles on a properly designed and maintained engine. Hate to bring up the same example again, but my 45 year old 302 is obviously inferior quality and technology compared to a modern engine, and aside from oil changes ive NEVER had to put oil in it. If your losing QUARTS of oil even over the span of a year, somethings wrong. I never added oil to my 09 once ether in its 40k miles aside from changes....... not sure how much more clear cut the answer can get.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote