Thread: burning oil
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 08:48 AM   #34 (permalink)
chii370
Track Member

Drives: .
chii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to beholdchii370 is a splendid one to behold

so after that post made me paranoid, I went directly to the car and checked the oil. I last changed it myself a couple thousand miles ago and as I expected it was EXACTLY where it should be. Hasn't lost even a single drop. its NOT normal for any car to burn oil, ever, no exceptions. Thats just what people say that dont want to accept their car has a minor problem. Even on my old 02 WRX people would say "oh thats normal" when it leaks oil. NO ITS ******* NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!! its a design flaw in the subarus case in the head gaskets, easily fixed and now it doesnt leak/burn a drop. If your car burns or leaks oil ITS A PROBLEM. Hell even my first cars built boss 302 "did myself" didnt burn oil and thats a 45 year old engine, so the high performance statement isnt an excuse, its avoidance. stop being lazy. Im an engineer, who goes to school time as well even on weekends and I still have time to lift up the hood and pull a dip stick for 30 seconds, because I care about the condition of my car. Dont rely on on a reminder from the dash computer, thats just proof you dont give 2 ***** about the car. Why not just hire your own personal mechanic to sleep in the garage with the car 24/7, **** it.... just let him drive it too so you dont have to "bother" with it.

Last edited by chii370; 09-14-2013 at 08:55 AM.
chii370 is offline   Reply With Quote