View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
snowsurfdirtx
Enthusiast Member

Drives: Too Fast
snowsurfdirtx is on a distinguished road

tip. register your car in CA in a county that doesn't require smog. i have one of my cars still registered in the city of Bishop with a friend. it's carb, so you know its gonna be mild. carb = nazis. TRUST me i know.

stillen kit.. no real air to air FMIC. vortech s/c. canned tune. etc. if you really read and do your research, you'll see a GTM S/C kit is the way to go if thats the route you want to take. I'm going GTM 1.5. I've read for countless hours and went back and forth between turbo/s and superchargers. I originally wanted the stillen, because i'm a CA resident and i'll move back one day. but fact is, stillen is good if you want a CA legal alternative that will make a little bit of power. if you modify it, its not carb legal anymore anyway. when i move back to CA, i'll remove my kit, register the car in a county that doesn't require smog, and reinstall it. problem solved. and btw, I have read things about registering your car through a PO box in CA. do it in a county that doesn't require smog and i think you're home free. just travel to renew your tags once a year.
snowsurfdirtx is offline   Reply With Quote