View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #111 (permalink)
brucelidat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370z 7AT GM Sp
brucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond reputebrucelidat has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but I am not sure what you mean by not boosting in 5,6,7. In a SC kit, I would always be boosted right? I am usually in auto mode so if I am cruising in 6th, 7th on the freeway and give it moderate gas (not flooring it, but a firm press and the RPMs go to like 5k, is that okay? I usually don't need to floor it or drop to 4th to pass. I'll press the gas firmly and it'll downshift on its own or I will drop to 5th and hit it a bit harder, but still not redlining it. The only time I come close to redlining is probably if I wan to accelerate aggressively and double drop down to 4th and hit the gas hard. Would I be safe with this driving style?