View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck33079 View Post
I do agree that a lot of people are hung up on peak dyno numbers. It seems like a good chunk of the Z community fixates on peak power over power under the curve, which confuses me to no end.
I think of Tim Allen whenever I see posts on peak. Not that there is anything wrong with wanting to build something with the goal of maximizing the peak. But I am like you I would give up 10% at the top for a curve that gave me 25% more almost to the top.

The obsession of peak over curve might come from the average age of the Z driver? I bet it is older than Honda drivers but less than Vettes...likely averaging the same as 'Stang drivers with a more narrow range. No...I am not slamming youth. It is just that younger people tend to view things differently and as I already said...there is nothing wrong with that!
2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote