View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #5 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute

I think you might just have a hard time relating to what some others feel. That being the desire to just be driving some kind of monster (the Zs really are mini-Zilla after all) but within legal-ish limits and never on a track.

I love to drive but until my Z I never drove anything modding or track worthy. But I still enjoy(ed) the hell out of my '05 Altima S-ER. On-ramps, overtaking, and quiet twisting roads were all I had and they made me smile.

So why mod a Z if you aren't going to track it? Because those on-ramps are even more fun, the overtaking more of a rush, and those turns...well you better know what you're doing now!

Why not track your car? Let's face it, some people aren't cut out for high speeds especailly when they aren't obtained in a straight line. And that's ok because daily driving can still give you the chance to smile.

Why dyno them and stuff if you aren't going to track them? Because some, like me, enjoy taking something not quite perfected and getting the most out of it. And along the way the driving you do can be more fun.

I have said this before when people get in to the 'this car is faster blah blah': I bought a Z because I can take it and using my skills and vision turn it in to a monster. That is very rewarding. I didn't buy a BRZ because out of the box it is what it is ever going to be. And I didn't buy a Vette for the same reason. I might have bought a Mustang but I really don't like muscle cars.
2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote