View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre12031948 View Post
I can understand that modding cars can be a lot of fun. That being the end goal is completely fine. It's only that I find many people modding, changing things then fixing things that the mods disturbed & doing it forever. Later they follow with endless dyno runs. God forbid if the power dropped after modding

My point is that it's fine but so very, very few seem to use the completed modded car for running it/going fast.

I know that many say that I'm hung up on drag racing. Well maybe I am so lets try the words getting on the car, seeing how quick & fast it became after the mods without the worry of tickets or car accidents

Not an important subject, I'm just bored. Of course I'm also tired of reading endless posts of modding/making performance changes & almost never seeing the end results. That's partly why I never went far with modding my car.

Today it's after market headers. I'm fine with that mod but so far I have not seen ONE positive result in performance from an HR 07/08z or a 370z. So why should I bother????

Thanks & have a nice day.
There's a lot of reasons behind constant modding. I like having a project, and I enjoy tinkering with stuff. I don't think I own a single mechanical device I haven't screwed around with at least a little bit. I don't drag race, but I enjoy spirited driving when conditions allow.

I do agree that a lot of people are hung up on peak dyno numbers. It seems like a good chunk of the Z community fixates on peak power over power under the curve, which confuses me to no end.