View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

From the picture, it looks like your right at the low level.

That is not extremely significant... for those of you who never knew.. the standard is for the low mark and high mark on a dipstick to be 1 quart difference. So its not like your car has burned several quarts of oil to get so low. It may have burned half a quart.. but if you never checked it before, its hard to say how full it was when you picked it up.

If youre at 2000 miles or so, I would go ahead and just perform the first oil change (i always do the first one early personally), then from there you can check it.

For my car... i dont know that I ever looked at the dipstick once before I put the turbos on and what not. So I cannot comment on before being heavily modified. But the way it is now, if I fill my Z to the full mark, it will burn off that top quart very quickly like in a week.. then just stay at the low mark forever until my next change. I always figured it was just my turbos burning oil from the level being a tad high for them, but.. I never checked before to know.

Last edited by phunk; 09-11-2013 at 08:54 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote