Thread: burning oil
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
Chuck33079
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370ztt
Chuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond reputeChuck33079 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by forza370z View Post
Am I the only one here uses the mobile 1 premium oil instead of Ester or Redline synthetic oil?

I learned this since I owned my 06 G35 coupe. Both Infiniti and Nissan techs didn't recommend me to use synthetic oil on the VQ engine. Because our motor eats oil like crazy. I'd rather top it off more frequently then being regret too late. A couple of my friends used synthetic oil and didn't check it for more then 8k miles then they got the CEL due to the oil being low.

So if you do use synthetic oil, you need to check the oil level frequently like Chuck suggested.
I won't use M1 because it burnt like crazy in my Subarus. Switched to Rotella synth, no more issues. But I'm not starting an oil debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chii370 View Post
aside from when I took the 13 down to VA beach ive never once "checked" the oil. Until now. It was fine when I got it, fine when I drove it to VA beach, and is fine now with not so much as a drop difference. So maybe this is an issue with a faulty part, not all Z's. my 09 never lost a drop ether and I had that car for 30k miles.
Many performance cars burn a little oil without anything being faulty. Some of it is blowby into the PCV system as well. Check it at least every other tank of gas. No one is that busy that you can't manage to find five minutes every couple hundred miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconfixer View Post
In an automatic transmission vehicle the pedal on the left of the gas pedal is called the "brake" pedal. Applying this pedal will result in a decrease of speed. In a manual transmission vehicle the pedal between the gas pedal on the right and the clutch pedal on the left is also referred to as the "brake" pedal. It is somewhat confusing but the "brake" pedal is in the middle. Same concept applies to this pedal as when used in an automatic transmission.

Running oil for 10,000 miles results in $hit "breaking." Good luck with your braken motor.

Check your damn fluids, people.