View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 05:31 AM   #42 (permalink)
derraj06
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB 370z
derraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slow370 View Post
soo.. did you take pics of the plate? cuz there is no o-ring boss hole in the world that seals properly without both the underside of the fitting and the top of the hole being machined with seal surfaces. if it is not counter sunk or counter bored at the plate you need to use a dowty seal. and if its countersunk you cannot just break the thread it must be deep enough to provide a clean 360 degree seal.

Edit: the one in the video is counter-bored correctly so so long as yours looks like that than it had to be an assembly error(unless the counter bore is the wrong size). In the video at 0:45 that is what your' plate needs to have on that hole. I had one of the first original defective GTM kit's that had issues with the lines and my motor popped. I shut it off right away, removed the plate refilled it and drove it while i was getting replacement lines and my motor started throwing timing codes a month later because little pieces of the thrust bearing where plugging the oil passages to the cam actuators. You may not know your motor has had it's life shortened right away. (as a side note you saw how effective that factory oil pressure light is didn't you lol useless)
The second set of pictures shows the plate freshly installed. I think I have pictures when I first unboxed it but I haven't located them yet.

Most likely it is counter sunk and I couldn't see it from my angle under the car. I will have the part Friday around lunch and I will know for sure.

Nice to hear even if its running it may still be dead. And yes the oil light is useless. Had I not been paying attention to my mirrors I wouldn't have known anything.