View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 02:59 AM   #89 (permalink)
Whtfairladyz
Base Member

Drives: '92 Nissan 300zx
Whtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond reputeWhtfairladyz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarcinczyk14 View Post
Does anyone know if there are any cosmetic differences between the Z1 regular sandwich plate and a thermostatic one? I'll be bringing my car to the shop that installed my oil cooler on Saturday due to a oil leak somewhere around the filter area. If there's any cosmetic differences, I'll be able to take a look at the plate while their inspecting the leak and verify if it's thermostatic or not.
Yes, the non-thermostatic Mocal Plate does not have a large, machined threaded hex cap on one end. Whereas a Thermostatic does. It is easy to spot. It is the only machined, shiny piece on the sandwich plate near the fittings.

If there is a leak, double check that they tightened the following:
  1. 25mm Sandwich Plate Bolt
  2. adapter fittings on sandwich plate
  3. Hose fittings attaching to adapter fittings

Might want to also make sure that the installed did not pinch the O-ring on the sandwich plate.

Whtfairladyz aka Dustin@Z1
Whtfairladyz is offline   Reply With Quote