View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #36 (permalink)
critical
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09' 370z 7AT
critical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud ofcritical has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishimoto View Post
My apologies again for the typo on the email address. The correct email address is: tsylvester@mishimoto.com I assure you that this was simply a typo. Mishimoto is a reputable and well known company with four locations worldwide… we would not intentionally mistype an email address simply to avoid speaking with our customers. We value our customer feedback and input – which is the reason I’m on this forum and attempting to address concerns within 24 hours of the original post.

I’d like to address a few specific comments that have been made.
We do not “steal other’s designs”. We have a team of full-time mechanical engineers in our New Castle HQ just for R&D, product design, and testing. I encourage you to take a look at this video which highlights the design process of this actual product: Mishimoto Engineering Behind the Scenes - From Concept to Completion - YouTube

A statement was made that we have ‘zero quality control’. In fact, most of the products we use every day (Apple, Samsung, Nissan) are manufactured or use components manufactured in China. But unlike many companies, Mishimoto has our own facility in China with a team of Quality Control Engineers who conduct rigorous on-site inspection for every order. I’ll post some photos of our China office below for you to check out!

A comment was made questioning our Lifetime Warranty. The process is quite straightforward: simply email us a photo of the defect and a copy of the receipt and we will take care of it.

This is manufacturing, and as with any manufacturing, there can be a very small percentage of defects that may still get through. We put many controls and inspections in place to limit the amount of defects, and we stand behind the product with our Lifetime Warranty. We have thousands of very satisfied customers – it is very unfortunate that you seemed to have received a defective unit, which is why we are taking the time here to work with you and attempt to address the issue.
Now that I’ve addressed the above concerns, let me share with you the feedback from our engineers after meeting to discuss this issue.

It appears from your photo that the thermostat plug was not fully tightened. The way this product is designed is such that the plug will ‘bottom out’ against the surface of the sandwich plate when fully tightened. This assures the correct amount of interference/deformation at the O-ring to achieve a proper seal – and at the same time assures that it cannot damage the O-ring by ‘over-tightening’. Yes, there is a countersink upon which the O-ring seals. We do not just sandwich it between two flat plates.
You mentioned that 10 lbs does not seem like very much. The spec for tightening is actually 10 ft/lbs, which is quite high. Basically, it just needs to be bottomed-out against the sandwich plate and that will be sufficient.

Thanks,
Tyler Sylvester
maybe because that's where it failed? the OP stated he didn't even touch that part as it comes pre installed too. this is a failure straight from the factory.