View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
derraj06
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB 370z
derraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of light

Have not made any claims as to the quality of the brand. Take that up with the others in the thread. I am only speaking from my personal experience and this is the only product of yours I have tried.

To the comment that the cap was not tight when I room this picture. I realize that as there is an oring sticking out the side. I am looking for my picture from when I installed to to prove it was snug. I did not tamper with this unit in any way before installing this plate because I did not want to chance a problem like this if it was not correctly tightened.

The pictures above are in a parking lot shortly after the car was stopped. I took them myself before disassembling the part.

Speaking with a co worker if mine who is a Mechanical engineer of 20+ years of experience in the automotive industry he felt 10ft/lbs was not a lot of force given a 370z engine can reach 100psi easily before it is warm. That is the basis of that comment. I have already stated I am an electrical engineer and do not claim to have a full knowledge of mechanical principles.

To the comment that the part is countersunk. I have seen pictures to show it is and I am not claiming they are not. Any comments I have made when it was being discussed previously were based on the fact I don't recall there being a countersink there when I was inspecting the car.

The facts of this are that I installed your companies product in good faith is was a correctly assembled and tested product and it failed within a week of install. I make no other claims as to the origins of its design or assembly.