View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #25 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidInIndy View Post
Aaahhh...good to know.

Kinda funny...with how beefy the Camaros are, I thought for sure we could take them. Whenever I chat cars with my neighbor (Mr. Cobra), he voluntarily says that he thinks my car (roadster = the "slow" Z) could take his if it was a track where handling/cornering was involved.

Curious what everybody thought of that comment by him.
Well your neighbor is partially correct, the convertible is the slower Z... Its heavier and has the same HP. Base Z will beat you in your vert if the drivers are equal...

If I'm not mistaken you vert Z weighs around 3600 pounds vs base Z that weighs around 3200 pounds. Every 100 pounds is equivelent to 10 hp or a tenth at the track (rule of thumb numbers).

So if your concerned and want to be faster without modding your motor then put your Z on a diet.

A lotus Elise with 190 HP would destroy your Z simply due to power to weight ratio.

Last edited by Volk Z; 09-10-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Volk Z is offline   Reply With Quote