Thread: 2013 NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 08:27 AM   #1018 (permalink)
dmhenderson
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: AWD TT 370z
dmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to beholddmhenderson is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBmikeZ View Post

last year he was no where near the hype either though

I find the QBs that play that style tend to have very short hot spurts then dye out. I think Vick is the only exception who has been able to put up numbers year after year playing that style. That's why I don't see RG3 going anywhere, not to mention he is and will be injury prone already.

Rookie + knee braces already = short career and wheel chairs later in life
Rookie QBs transition their play style to fit the offense. He doesn't need to be scrambling or running QB draws every other down to be effective. He's a solid pocket passer (shown last night in the 2nd half) with a great arm who has the added bonus of being mobile.

As for the injury, Tom Brady had a complete ACL/MCL tear in 2009 and has "done ok" for himself since then and Peyton Manning has a robot neck.