View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
derraj06
Enthusiast Member

Drives: MB 370z
derraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of lightderraj06 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
i would really like to see some more pictures of this setup... specifically what it looks like with the thermostat removed. You want to make sure that the threaded hole is even countersunk to accept the oring rather than just smashing it between 2 flat surfaces. If its not countersunk, you want to use a bonded sealing washer to seal that union.

Its hard to say from the pictures... but it really just looks like that oring is totally smashed in there, as if there is no counter bore for it to seal up into.
It's not counter sunk on the plate but I believe they tried to achieve a similar effect by reducing the diameter if the cap. When I can get the plate off the car I will do a full disassembly.
the specs on the oring are 3mm thickness and 15mm inner diameter. It's a beefy oring and to me it appeared it was jammed in the sleeve like you suggested.