Thread: 2013 NFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 09:53 PM   #1014 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBmikeZ View Post

last year he was no where near the hype either though

I find the QBs that play that style tend to have very short hot spurts then dye out. I think Vick is the only exception who has been able to put up numbers year after year playing that style. That's why I don't see RG3 going anywhere, not to mention he is and will be injury prone already.

Rookie + knee braces already = short career and wheel chairs later in life
It definitely depends on whether or not they can adjust to be a more traditional drop back passer. There's nothing wrong with making plays with your feet as a QB, but you can't rely on that as your primary weapon. If you can be a great dropback passer and still make occasional plays on your feet, then you can be successful for a number of years. Aaron Rodgers is a good example of this. The sophomore QB's this year have the ability to do that as well. Kaepernick looks like he's there already. As far as I remember, I don't think Russell Wilson took too many big hits last season. Andrew Luck has been running for his life behind the Colts' crappy O line, but he can be a great traditional passer. RG3 I think needs more work in this and hopefully it will develop as he gets more playtime and experience.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote