View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
gomer_110
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '11 Nismo #528 GM
gomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond reputegomer_110 has a reputation beyond repute

Not claiming to be an expert here but a few things I noticed:

1. Get your braking done earlier and get back to the gas quicker.

2. If you have to give up all your momentum for a hairpin/tight turn, just go tight to the inside. shorter distance = less time spent in the hairpin.

3. Look into trail braking. It made a huge difference once I started to do it. I'm still not that good at it but can tell the difference between when I get it right vs get it wrong.

4. Lastly, get ride alongs with the fast guys at the events (assuming it's allowed). It's amazing how much you can learn from them. It might even be worth it to offer one of them a co-drive for one event just to see how they handle your car. Local guy did that early this year and then proceeded to drop 1-2 sec off his times going forward.

As far as tire pressures go I ran 38 up front and 34 in the rear with the factory Nismo tires fwiw.
'11 370Z Nismo #528 Fast Intentions | Stillen | Motordyne | Uprev | CSF | Zspeed | Z1 Motorsports | AST | Swift | SPC | SPL | Whiteline | Hotchkis | Bride | Schroth | Robispec | Cusco | Nismo | Volk | Forgestar | Hoosier | RJM
'17 Titan Bone Stock
gomer_110 is offline   Reply With Quote