View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #55 (permalink)
shabarivas
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z MB 6mt
shabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond reputeshabarivas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomez View Post
Or are you making yourself feel better by belittling auto
Hah... so the serpent has come full circle to bite its tail eh... ok ok... you do realize I was Belittling the "auto" compared to a SEQUENTIAL... you understand the difference between a manual and a sequential? please dont make me tell you to go look it up @ google... oh wait.. i just did

Lets say this about the MT / AT debate

1. With AT you get the same shift time every time and you cant really improve upon it by being a better driver (hardware limited)

2. With MT - its you who are limiting the cars shift speed - so you can do it as fast as the mechanics allow and the human element is often much easier to improve over time. Which is why MOST experienced MT drivers will shift faster than the Zs AT

Easiest way to put an end to this silly debate - Get a MT and AT z on a dyno... shift and watch the curves for which has more delay... obviously we would have to use a "decent" MT driver... but hey - it would be better than my opinions vs yours....

In fact there are two things: science and opinion;
the former begets knowledge and the latter ignorance
shabarivas is offline   Reply With Quote