View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Arrvaxx
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th F.I. Twin Turbo
Arrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond reputeArrvaxx has a reputation beyond repute

Countdown Journal...60 days to pickup.
Entry #2, September 9th 2013

It's been 30 days? That's great but it feels like forever and how I am going to make it 60 more is beyond me.

The only outstanding item on the configuration had been which injector to go with. I had hopes of being able to run both 91/93/100 octane and E85, switching between the two with different Uprev maps. However, Tony confirmed that you can only run one or the other and E85 required the 1000cc injectors.

I decided to just run 91/93/100 octane.

- "The Complete Kit" (GT28RS turbos)
- Setrab Series (6) oil cooler, 34 row
- 650cc injectors
- F.I. Non-res Test Pipes
- F.I. 2.5" Non-res Catback
- Specialty Z High 5 Clutch
- Specialty Z Billet Flywheel

I had originally decided to go with the GT28RS turbo because in talking to Tony he said it came up a little faster than the other. In exchange you were giving up some of the high end. Since the car is my DD and my track plans center on road courses it seemed like a good decision. Now I just need to stop watching drag videos...I'm getting hungry.

BTW: Big props to Tony. We spent over an hour on the phone last month and his number one concern was making sure that what I got was in line with my use plans. He could have sold me the upgraded turbo, larger injectors, and 3" pipes but didn't.

Next I have to decide which boost controller to go with. I have heard good things about the HKS EVC VI and love how it looks. The added bonus being that it can be mounted in the center console if you take out the seat warmer switches.

Tony and team like the Turbosmart E Boost 2 which is easier to use (or so I have heard) and less expensive. The only down side, and I know this might be stupid, is how it looks and will look in the car. That 'concern' is really silly since I had already decided that I would probably put whichever controller I decided on in the cubby...so who cares since the door will be closed. Haha.

So yeah...when the trigger gets pulled it will probably be the Turbosmart.

I've decided on gauges but am on the fence about if I'm going to get them pre-install. The set of 5 (A/F, Boost, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, and Voltage) are $1000 and the twin pillar made by Galeforce is several hundred more. Just not sure I want to spend that last bit right now.

This weekend I decided that I needed some things to do to pass the time so...a Z1 Premium Stainless Steel Brake Line Kit, Z1 Stainless Steel Clutch Line, and Z1 370Z Hood Struts are on their way.

Lastly...I'm still on the fence about the front. I love the Fujimura so much but am concerned that it is too agressive and honestly, I question if that much open space at the front, like the Stillen, is a benefit or drag creator. I don't need to decide until next year but I'm the kind of person that likes a plan!

2010 370Z 40th Anniversary (#480 born 1/19/2010)
Fast Intentions Twin Turbo | Varis Arising II | Limited Edition Recaro Sportster | Tuned by Specialty Z | 604hp 525 torque @14lbs boost on 100 octane

Last edited by Arrvaxx; 09-11-2013 at 06:42 AM.
Arrvaxx is offline   Reply With Quote