View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 09:59 AM   #50 (permalink)
kannibul
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z Touring/Sport
kannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond reputekannibul has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370Zsteve View Post
Again, Car & Driver reported that the 7AT does not drop 2 or more gears when requested. I've never driven the 7AT, so I have no fkin idea............but C&D's take makes me think it would suck in AutoX.

Quote: "The one negative we noted was a reluctance to crack off seamless multigear jumps. Call for a two-gear drop, and the engine briefly hangs up on the first before dropping into the second, sapping some of the joy and confidence from quick two-lane passes."
That's Car and Driver. My experience differs.

It won't jump gears, except from 7th to 5th, when bumping the paddles or kicking the stick over from D. Otherwise, it is sequential, but still quick. Certainly not F1...
kannibul is offline   Reply With Quote