View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
Volk Z
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Nismo Z
Volk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond reputeVolk Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimc View Post
So, I guess this falls into the category of can't leave well enough alone.

I have a 2012 with Sport Package and want to change out to Red Calipers. Don't want to paint. So my thought is to purchase new Red Calipers from Nissan and change them out. I really don't want to change to a different brand even though they would probably be at a higher performance level. Really, this is just a cosmetic thing.

Q. Can I just purchase the 2013 red housing? or do I need to get the entire working caliper. How much do you think they go for.

Q. What do you think the chances are in posting in the WTB section, Red 2013 Sport Calipers wanted.

Q. I have consider just powder coating, how will this hold up? How does one get the decals for the caliper to put back on after powder coating.

Q. Do I have to disassemble the caliper or is this best left to the powder coater or someone else that knows what their doing.

I am in central Jersey, so if someone has recommendations on where to go to get this done I'd appreciated the info.

Thanks everyone, if you have read this far.

Jim
If you have the cash I would recommend buying a set and having them powdercoated and then shipped to you so you can swap in one day then sell yours to some 370z or 350z members and get your cash back.

I did this with my 350z and it was by far the best option.
I had powdercoated calipers and they were by far stronger then paint.

If you do track you may want to consider a different color then red, if the calipers get heated up too much they may discolor (turn orange/pink) and be much more noticeable then say a blue, purple etc.

Lastly when you do this be sure to keep them cleaned so they keep a nice look to them, I clean my calipers with the same high quality micro fiber towels and PH balanced soap once every 2 weeks or sooner if I drove the car hard.