View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #2832 (permalink)
jooonnn
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 Nismo
jooonnn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddudesrule View Post
Got #789 installed this morning!! No issues whatsoever with the install, but needed to use my air impact wrench on the nuts holding the factory "y" pipe to the cats. The further you move towards the front, the harder it is to get the nuts off! Heat cycling is tough on those little bastards!!

In hanging the FI cans out back, I did have to use washers (two a piece) on the passenger side hanger to get both sides level, but I would have needed to anyway because the clearance between the passenger side muffler pipe and the cross brace was nearly non-existent. I'm sure it would have contacted while driving. All in all, a great product!

As for the volume of the new system, my opinion on just one start up so far is that it's certainly louder than stock, but the main difference is a nice, low rumble. I bought the 12" resonated with SS cans. I'm also running the stock cats.
I think mine came out aligned just right but i do notice my passenger muffler pipe sometimes rattling against the cross brace if the car shakes a little too much on bumpier roads. Would spacers be the correct solution to fixing this?