View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy'sz View Post
Factory calipers are powder coated. Also you would need to purchase the whole caliper. Chances are slim to none for buying those red ones on the wtb section in my opinion. As long as you inform them that they could be subject to high temp there shouldn't be a problem with getting them done.
Factory calipers are painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimc View Post
I hear you regarding mike, how long did it take and did you just send the whole caliper and he dissembled it as needed before powder coating?

Did Mike replace the decals?

How much time to remove and reinstall the calipers, bleed brakes etc.

Love the color and thanks for the reply.

jim
Mike DOES replace the decal and can change it to any design you want and in almost any color.

As for paint vs PC, paint chips easier, PC is thinner but more durable.
And if you're tracking, PC isn't always the way to go. At 400-600 degrees the powder becomes soft, and can burn.
(Hell, even Mike's wheels got discolored after he beat them at the track, and NO, this doesn't not mean Mike's work isn't too notch, his work is amazing, it's just the nature of the beast)