Thread: 135i or 370z
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
WUKILLABEEZ78
Base Member

Drives: 08 Infiniti G Sedan
WUKILLABEEZ78 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
For roughly the same price Id take the BMW. More "adult", free maintenance, back seats, more storage space, great performance, BMW name (if you care about that)...just a few reasons.
I'd consider a 135i over the 370Z if I had the need for a backseat (I don't, that's what my G sedan is for). But ultimately I don't think I'd buy it. There are better 4 door sedans out there that offer more than the 135i for less $$$. In addition, the 135i isn't "adult" to me at all. It's like a junior 3 series and just screams "starter car" to me. It's like Peyton Manning-lite (sorry Eli) compared to the 3 series. Eli is a great performer but Peyton still does most things better than him and is more polished. It doesn't look that hot to me either, the front is cool but the side profile and rear don't look so good, esp. when compared to the 3 series. I'd say 370Z > than the 135i unless you need a backseat. They're completely different cars though and I wouldn't cross shop them (I know many will though).