View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 10:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
dad
Grand Prix of Endurance

Drives: Mulsanne Straight
dad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond reputedad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerafian View Post
^^good luck finding parts for the car if that happened over the years.
Parts will be there for many years to come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edeeZee View Post
I don't worry about "what if's." I live in the present.
I like your opinion and attitude!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
yea, most of the cost of the car has already been spent. There might not be a next gen, but no reason to cut it now.

When the new 35mpg Cafe comes into play, thats a whole other story though. Even GM is saying the Vette may go hybrid.
It will take experimation to get more performance and power out of the Hybrid's. "But it will be done"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Wolf 75 View Post
^I agree with this. I think performance cars and sports cars as we know them are currently in their respective twilight and at the climax/pinnacle of affordable performance. Some may say I am a doomsdayer, but the "Green" movement and the overzealous push towards tremendously more efficient vehicles is going to make our sports cars into extinct species much like the gas crisis of the early 1970's was the death knell of the American musclecar. The inevitable rise in gas prices as supply disappears and demand stays at its current level or increases will only exacerbate the demise.

Sure technology may find a way, but you will likely soon pay a premium for performance.
Corvette and Mustang never went away. Charger, Challenger and Camaro have returned! I wouldn't say the muscle cars died. As long as there is the American youth, there will be horse power and speed!

We can do without any article of luxury we have never had; but once obtained, it is not in human nature to surrender it voluntary.
dad is offline   Reply With Quote