View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #6075 (permalink)
w0rM
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z06
w0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond reputew0rM has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaZ View Post
In that case, selling the Z isn't going to solve your problems. You'll just find a new place to spend the money you aren't spending on the Z.
You need to sit down and write out a budget and stick to it. Have more money taken out of your pay for savings and retirement. Set up your savings account so it's inconvenient to get the money out. In other words, don't allow for automatic autodraft protection/transfer or electronic access to transfer the money to different accounts.
Buy a house or open a business. That'll put an end to your spending habits real fast!
It's not that I don't have the money. That's actually my problem. I do have it and I'm spending it way too much. I have a house and I'm pretty good about sticking to my budget. I save, I contribute the max to my 401k, I have a house, two new cars, a motorcycle and various other stuff.

I also run own company. That's part of the reason I've had so much disposable cash this year. I've done twice as much business in 2013 as I have in any other year since I started it. It's a good problem to have but I want to make sure I'm not just blowing it on crap for the sake of having the coolest car on the block.

In a nutshell, I just don't want my car to be a financial priority right now. I will again later. Just not right now.

| SOLD September 14th, 2013 | My Build Journal