Thread: Vegas Speak Up!
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #462 (permalink)
Super Tanooki
Base Member

Drives: 370Z MT Base/Spt Red
Super Tanooki is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tanooki View Post
Something as simple as cleaning a car can be a nightmare when you suddenly start giving a **** and had never previously. Trust me - I went through it. After much digging around, I learned about the 'Two Bucket Method'. Two buckets, one with clean water, one for cleaning your cloth. Best thing to do is YouTube it and watch four or five tutorials to get a general grasp on the common idea. I think Smoking Tire did one of the best videos because he used products you can buy anywhere, rather than these guys that recommend stuff thats hard to find/needlessly expensive.

Edit: In fact, here you go. How to Wash and Detail Your Car - Part 1/2 - YouTube
Actually, I just re-watched the video and he doesn't quite do the method that he explains. Essentially though, you soap up in one bucket, wash one car panel, then rinse off the mitt/sponge in the other bucket of plain warm water before going back to the soap bucket, thus avoiding putting any dirt into the soap bucket and in turn putting swirls into your paint.
Super Tanooki is offline   Reply With Quote