View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #3864 (permalink)
Z Stig
Track Member

Drives: SOLD: '10 370Z BC M6
Z Stig is a glorious beacon of lightZ Stig is a glorious beacon of lightZ Stig is a glorious beacon of lightZ Stig is a glorious beacon of lightZ Stig is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4r3s View Post
Looks good. I can't remember who it was, maybe simota1, had made a bunch of stickers that he was selling for cheap that you would stick on the guage to change it from the silver. But plasti dip works too!

So did you spray over the lights and they're just shinning through or did you actually block them out and then sprayed?
The rows of indicator lights stay in the dash. I taped the plastic window in the middle that cannot be removed. I sprayed over the fuel indicator and temperature indicators and the orange light shines through at night and you can see the outline of the indicators during the day. Using light coats of Palasti-Dip works better for coverage of the silver with translucence of the indicators.

I also Plasti-Dipped my tail light (I only did one) but felt as if it would make it too hard for others to see my brakes and turn indicators. Once I realized that, I decided that having others know what I was doing was more important than the look that it gave me. I did like the blacked out look of the lens, but want the lights to be more visible to the people following me. I peeled the Plasti-Dip off the tail light.

I also completed my door handles, and that is still there, but I do not like the look/feel of the texture on the handles. However, It does show me that I want to have them painted, as they look much better on my Black Cherry color when they are darker and not silver.

Now: 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk for off-road fun, 2015 BMW 228ix for on-road fun
Z Stig is offline   Reply With Quote