View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 08:43 AM   #3852 (permalink)
4r3s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Touring 370z
4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute4r3s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Stig View Post
Plasti-Dip mod this weekend:
Fuel and temp gauge in 2010 was silver (bad move Nissan), so I decided to remove it and try plasti-dip spray. A few light coats and here it is. The gauge only picture is with the lights on in early morning. The light fro the gauge information does shine through the plasti-dip. The whole pod is with the lights on. I think it looks much better than silver. I put it on to thick the first time, peeled it off and applied a lighter coat. I like it better than the silver look.
Looks good. I can't remember who it was, maybe simota1, had made a bunch of stickers that he was selling for cheap that you would stick on the guage to change it from the silver. But plasti dip works too!

So did you spray over the lights and they're just shinning through or did you actually block them out and then sprayed?

Last edited by 4r3s; 09-05-2013 at 08:46 AM.
4r3s is offline   Reply With Quote