Thread: Rear ended
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #13 (permalink)
jcosta79
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
jcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddudesrule View Post
Geesh, a little extreme for the type of accident he's describing. If the truck owner has insurance, and the repair is being paid for, what the heck is a lawyer needed for? I would do everything I could just to keep a lawyer out of this deal. Doesn't sound like the OP was injured, so what the heck is the need?
1. What happens if a few days down the road you start feeling pain from the accident and don't have insurance? With a lawyer you can go to the doctor and get treatment for no money out of pocket.

2. You only have to deal with 1 person, the lawyer. They do ALL the legwork for you.

3. You might get some extra money out of the deal to help pay for unexpected expenses.

One downside is that the whole process gets drawn out now for a much longer period of time, but the lawyer is there to make sure that you get everything that's owed to you and that no one screws you. I've dealt with insurance companies enough to know that they will do anything and everything in their power to screw you.
2012 PW NISMO #0559 - GT Spec Brace Kit - Swift Springs - ARK TP & Invidia CBE K&N Intake - UpRev Tune - 15mm Z1 Spacers & Studs - StopTech Slotted Rotors & SS Lines - ZSpeed CMAK with Stage 2 Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel
jcosta79 is offline   Reply With Quote