Thread: Oil overfill
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
ResIpsa
Track Member

Drives: 09 RACING HEN
ResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond reputeResIpsa has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, with the oil consumption issues our cars have (at least mine). I check once a week and try to keep my level exactly at the high level.

I understand that it may be unacceptable in this day and age to require such frequent checks of oil level. But think about what Nissan has done with this engine. It started out in 1995 as a 2.0 liter and now is a 3.7 liter 332 HP monster. They have really delivered an amazing engine at a great price. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

Better safe then sorry.

With that said, I have had some very reputable mechanics (Curry's Auto in NOVA) tell me that it is better to be a 1/2 quart low then a 1/2 quart high.

Moral of the story...Keep it close to or below full.