View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #76 (permalink)
SPOHN
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Waiting on next Z
SPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond reputeSPOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
BTW some more talk about the standalone version road race pump. This product would be a lot more costly and complex if it was required that I design it to work PnP with the OEM plumbing and returnless setup like the existing model does. I think that the extra cost of integrating an internal filter and regulator will probably almost match the cost of a return conversion anyway.

If I had the freedom to design the standalone version to only be compatible with our upcoming Stage 2 fuel system (or stage 3 in twin-pump configuration), it is something that I could get done much more quickly. Because it would require almost no changes to the road race sending unit itself.

So the most ideal candidate for a tester, would fit these circumstances:
A: Currently running our existing road race pump model.
B: Interested in upgrading to our Stage 2 fuel system (return conversion, billet rails, adjustable reg., upgraded lines, etc.) when available in a couple weeks.
C: Prepared for up to 10 days down time, to return the road race pump to us for a little reworking.

I would prefer the tester run it on the single 255 pump that is already in it, for initial testing. Integrating the secondary pump for a twin pump configuration would be an easy upgrade later.

I feel like I might have just described SPOHN perfectly Anyone else? There will be no cost for the changes to the road race pump. There would be a decent discount on the stage 2 kit for testing. The risk: it doesnt work well, and you have to put the road race pump back to how it was.
I would be interested. But my car has no motor in it. And wont for at least another month and that's not promising. Would that matter? If so even after I get it back together I'd still be interested unless the time frame for you won't work.