Thread: Denver Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #318 (permalink)
SurfDog
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 6mt, 13 Sequoia,
SurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond reputeSurfDog has a reputation beyond repute

pps. My favorite mods to date are (in order):

#1 Tune (it is absolutely necessary if you have breathing mods or they cause you to run lean, and you dont get maximum hp gains for all your trouble putting them in)

#2 Radar detector (is that a mod? I dunno) Saved us some hassles in blackhawk I'd say...

#3 or 4 (these two are close) Clutch! (I hated the feel of the old one)

#4 or 3 Berk exhaust/HFC's (am I faster? who knows but I picked up 30 hp on the dyno... And the sweet music, ooh the sweet sweet music!)

#5 Limited slip diff!!!! (Now I can drift like a pro and with confidence. our stock sport VLSD is terrible, or at least very weak.)

Ive done a bunch of other things like dynamat and tint and lightweight flywheel and aftermarket CMC. all that is fine (and somewhat recommended) but did not really change my driving experience much.

Notice the Oil cooler never made my (must do) list. I really don't think you need one unless you start hitting limp mode. sure the oil gets hot, but until you approach 260, who cares? I'm not really a racer and could always back off a bit if I get hot. on the other hand its a pretty easy DIY mod, and not very expensive, so... I think I just did mine to finish off what Nissan started for could be a pretty cool track car.

another mod I'm considering for the same reason (i.e. finishing what Nissan started) is the fuel system mod that prevents fuel starvation in sustained right hand turns. (again probably only really needed for the track, and a more elegant, less expensive, and visually OEM fix to the problem then a true racing fuel cell) I have yet to flame out in a right hand turn and I spin some of them pretty aggressively. (I do admit to glancing at my fuel gauge before I start a tight right hander and wondering "hmmm I wonder if this will be the one?")
09 6spd Berk CBE, JWT cams, ZSpeed CSC, Stillen (25 row oil, brake cooling, sways, gen3 CAI), Passport (9500ci), Quaife LSD, Z1 400 hp kit, ss lines, pads, rotors, clutch etc, Phunk's pan and fuel starve fix

Last edited by SurfDog; 09-03-2013 at 10:55 AM.
SurfDog is offline   Reply With Quote