View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Meulen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z 40th
Meulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond reputeMeulen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Meulen's 40th journal

Saving post for list of mods and wish list to come....

Ok, coming back to this. The car was basically bone stock when I got it. Then only exception was the window tint. I'm happy it was done. That's one of those things I always mean to do on my other cars but never seem to get to it. It looks like it was a quality job though and perfect as far as whatever shade it is. I wish I knew the % it was tinted.

After I took her home I started reading more on the forums about common problems. So I wanted to get those adressed, or at least make a plan for them if things go wrong. So I went ahead and pulled the steering lock fuse and put a whiteline bushing and rear diff. kit on my wish list. Although, I swear I still hear something engaging in the column when I turn it off/on. Doesn't sound like as long of a process as it originally was, but still sounds like there is a servo running in there or something. I trust pulling the fuse did what I needed it to thoough....I guess.

What's done so far
2010 40th Anniversary 370z
-window tint
-weathertech floor mats and Nismo badging
-Garageline.com wheel spacers 25mm rear/20mm front
-purchased Mishimoto Thermostat- decided not to install after furher review of product issues
-installed clutch helper kit
-Red LED Map lights
-white LED license plate lights and trunk lights
-pulled the steering lock fuse
-Red Z1 hoses
-iPad magnetic cubby install mod DIY: DIY: ipad mini magnetic install into cubby
-Elm Wi-Fi dongle
-Dashcommand diagnostic/performance app
-EVO-R front lip
-Stillen Gen 3 CAI
-Zspeed blk powedercoated undershroud
-FI CBE
-FI HFC's
-Headlight dual halo mod and paint inside housing to match car red accents
-Z1 slotted front rotors
-Z1 premium stainless brake lines
-Motul RBF600 clutch/brake fluid
-Motul Synthetic motor oil
-TWM piston gunmetal weighted shift nob
-AMS short throw shift kit

Purchased awaiting install
-Mishimoto thermostat - decided not to install FOR SALE if interested
-Plasti-Dip- waiting for good weather to do rear diffuser and front bumper
-Smoke Tail light tint
-RJM clutch pedal
-Z1 premium stainless clutch line
-Aerojacket Type 3 Duckbill Spoiler

I've already accumulated quite the wish list in the 3 weeks I've had the car. I'm not planning a big force induction project (YET!), but I do want to open up the exhaust and intake for a little more ooomph! Everything else planned is more for looks. But who knows what the future will bring. I've got a friend and custom auto shop owner from Chicagoland helping me out with a lot of this (not sure I'm supposed to say the name). I can't thank him enough for his help and look forward to some of the stuff we have planned. I kinda stretched the budget for this by getting the 40th anniversary edition. So I'll have to wait till winter to start on some of the bigger stuff on the list. But I may knock out some of the small stuff from time to time. Oh....and looks like I need to take some better pics!

Meulen's wish list
-KW V3 coil overs
--SPL camber kits
-Z1 differential upgrade kit
-sway bars or G-spec braces. - Not sure yet!
-Cover visor stickers with red carbon kevlar overlay
-New stereo system with NAV and back up camera
-Work gnosis CV201 polished barrel/matte blk

I'm sure I'll add more to this as I think of them and see stuff out on the street and on the forums, but this is my goal list for over the winter. Prefereably, I'd like to get a lot of this done before the Tuner Galleria show at The All State Arena in February. But, budget wise, I know some of this is going to have to wait till early spring.

Last edited by Meulen; 09-22-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Meulen is offline   Reply With Quote