View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
SwissCheese
Track Member

Drives: 2012 370Z NISMO
SwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond reputeSwissCheese has a reputation beyond repute
Default Prospective 370z Owner with a Couple Questions

Hello all!

As the title states, I am looking into the 370z as my next car. I currently drive a 2004 Saturn Ion Redline. Its been a great car (and still is), but I think I am ready to upgrade. I went and test drove a 350z NISMO Edition last week and it was a blast! I would love to get a 370z NISMO, but would most likely get a used non-NISMO Edition 370z.

Seeing as how you guys and gals are the experts on these cars, I was wondering if you could answer a few questions that I have:
  1. Is there anything I should be looking at when it comes to these cars? Parts that are known to be faulty, etc.? On the 2004 and early 2005 model Ion Redlines, the intercooler pump was wired backwards, causing the pump to die prematurely. It was an easy and affordable fix, but just something to be aware of when looking at buying one.
  2. Is there a strong after-market following for these cars? When the time comes to start modding my 370z, will I have a lot of options?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Current Ride: 2012 Nissan 370Z NISMO #0389
Mods: Fast Intentions Resonated Test Pipes and TDX Exhaust with 18" Resonators (#1054), K&N Drop-Ins, GTR Start Button
SwissCheese is offline   Reply With Quote