Thread: Ruh-Roh!
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 01:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
speedoflife
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '06 Pontiac G.P.
speedoflife is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
LOL ya if you visit caraudio.com that is all they car about is how loud they can get there stupid system. Makes me sort of mad and it's funny at the same time. That is one reason I do not go there anymore. All the are worried about is "hey I got metered and hit 89db's" big fin deal. Anything like that does not even sound good.
Ouch. Not true.
The true fanatics of car stereo hate "thumpers" as much as anyone else, because it ruins their image. Same thing as some teenager street racing and wrecking a Z, it ruins the image.
My stereo sounds plenty good and it's more than loud enough to earn me that $242 ticket I earned once. I got the ticket on a highway near the city limit. I was nowhere near a residential area.
I think these tickets should just have the price raised, not go on records...
Not all of us with loud stereos are immature kids trying to show off to everyone else. It is for the thrill for many of us. Why else would we enjoy going out in the middle of the country to meet up and play our stereos?

PS - Don't call us stupid for hitting a certain dB level. It's the same as cars and hp/tq. A quantitative measure of success or improvement. (Although I do agree that caraudio.com is a joke. Bunch of immature people on that forum)

Last edited by speedoflife; 10-21-2009 at 02:00 PM.
speedoflife is offline   Reply With Quote