View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
lhinojos
Track Member

Drives: 12 370z GM M6
lhinojos has a spectacular aura aboutlhinojos has a spectacular aura about
Default Intake Sucked Water

A lot of people might know about flash flood warnings there was for Moreno valley/riverside area, well they were true. I was on my way home from work when I got a text that said watch out for puddles, its raining really hard. My immediate concern was the injen intake. I didn't find any big puddles until I got to my driveway. Now my driveway is already not lower car friendly, so I always have to go slow to take care of the CF Lip. Sure enough, the gutter was pretty flooded, so I tried to make my entry as quick as possible. I got past it then the car immediately shut of. The first thing that went through my head was well there goes my engine. I tried to start it again but all it would do is turn over. So I let it sit over night for the rain to die out and for it to dry. This morning I turned it on and the car started fine. When i drove it normally it was fine. But when I get on the throttle, the engine bogs and cuts the throttle. A friend of mine said the filters might still be wet and that might be what the MAF sensors are picking up so I'm currently pulling the front bumper off to check the filters.

I know the engine is probably f***** and its not gonna be covered by any warranty or insurance, but if anyone has any good ideas I can try let me know. Thanks in advance.
lhinojos is offline   Reply With Quote